The ADA Advisory Committee will be on hiatus beginning October 23, 2019.
The Committee will reconvene January 22, 2019
The City of Vacaville Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Advisory Committee meets monthly to discuss and advise the City on matters relating to people with disabilities. All meetings are open to the public, and time is allotted for attendees to address matters of concern with the Committee.
Time: 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Date: The 4th Wednesday of every month
Location: Vacaville City Hall, 650 Merchant Street - Public Works Conference Room #2
The City of Vacaville is committed to providing meeting facilities that are accessible to persons with disabilities. To request accommodations, please call 707-469-6509 (or 707-449-5162–TTY) at least three days prior to the meeting.
AGENDA AND MINUTES
Meeting agendas are available prior to every meeting, and meeting minutes are available before the date of the next meeting.
ADA ADVISORY COMMITTEE BYLAWS
The City of Vacaville ADA Advisory Committee Bylaws were adopted on December 12, 2018.
The City of Vacaville ADA Advisory Committee is comprised of seven voting members who must meet one of the following requirements:
- Persons who are, or family members of, City of Vacaville residents with disabilities; or
- Individuals residing in the City of Vacaville serving persons with disabilities in Solano County; or
- Individuals residing in the City of Vacaville with particular expertise and/or affiliations with private or public organizations concerned with issues of accessibility or other issues of concern to persons with disabilities.
The Committee Chairperson is a non-voting, City Staff member chosen by the City. Typically, the Chairperson is the City’s ADA Coordinator.
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
The City of Vacaville ADA Advisory Committee provides valuable input in determining disability policy for the City. The Committee makes recommendations, advises the City on matters relating to people with disabilities, and is a primary public networking resource between persons with disabilities, disability service agencies, representatives from government agencies, and others. The ADA Advisory Committee:
- Acts as a liaison between the City and the disabled community living and doing business in the City of Vacaville;
- Works to improve accessibility for persons with disabilities throughout the community;
- Assists the City with ADA projects including, but not limited to the : Self Evaluation, Transition Plan, publicity, website content, emergency planning for persons with disabilities, and training;
- Solicits public input on City-related ADA projects and programs and provides a public forum for individuals with disabilities and groups representing people with disabilities;
- Facilitates community awareness and advocacy by identifying and articulating common concerns;
- Makes annual recommendations to the Director of Public Works for prioritizing the removal of physical barriers in City facilities, on City property, and the public rights-of-way based upon identified needs and budget.
Visit the ADA Advisory Committee Accomplishments page to learn about some of the projects the Committee has prioritized to improve accessibility within the City of Vacaville.
For questions about the City of Vacaville ADA Advisory Committee, please contact Samantha Brown, ADA Coordinator at 707-469-6509 (or 707-449-5462 – TTY) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.