The City of Vacaville Pretreatment Program was created to meet US EPA pretreatment regulations. Under the Pretreatment Program, certain industries must be permitted and monitored to ensure they meet wastewater discharge requirements [Vacaville Municipal Code Chapter 13.08]. These requirements help keep our waters clean.
You can call (707) 469-6400 with any questions.
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Businesses in Vacaville can drop off hazardous waste at the local hazardous waste center:
855½ Davis Street
Vacaville, CA 95687
Call 1-800-207-8222 to schedule an appointment.
Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG)
When fats, oils and grease cool they solidify and can cause severe problems including:
- Sewer backups and overflows
- Negative impacts on treatment plant operating efficiency
- Odors and infrastructure corrosion
To limit fats, oils and grease from entering the storm or sanitary sewer system;
- Scrape and wipe down pots, pans and work areas prior to washing
- Dispose of food waste in the appropriate bin
- Periodically check waste bins to ensure they are free of any leaks
- Routinely clean grease traps and interceptors
Click Here to download the best management practices poster.
Mandatory Organic Recycling
In September 2014, the Governor signed into law California Assembly Bill 1826. This law requires commercial businesses to recycle their organic waste to keep this waste out of landfills.
Beginning January 1, 2019, any business that generates 4 cubic yards or more of solid waste each week must recycle its organic waste.
Vacaville Recycling has additional information on what you can do to meet these requirements.