Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The Street Maintenance Section of the Public Works Department takes care of over 230 miles of arterial, collector and residential streets, as well as curbs, gutters and sidewalks. The varied responsibilities of this Section include paving, crack sealing and patching of streets, as well as concrete work and Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance issues. This Section is held to a high level of standards as part of the Performance Measurement program, which includes the following:
  • Maintain 95% of roadways to a rideability index of good to excellent in accordance with adopted Metropolitan Transportation Commission Pavement Management System criteria.
  • Prepare 25 to 30 miles of streets for our annual street resurfacing contract.
  • Slurry Seal every residential street on a five (5) year cycle.
  • Asphalt overlay 2 to 3 miles of arterial/collector streets annually.
  • Reconstruct or repair 38,000 square feet of sidewalk and 3,000 lineal feet of curb and gutter annually.
  • Repair potholes within 5 working days of report.
  • Respond to hazard complaint calls with corrective action within 24 hours of report.
  • Perform temporary repairs to sidewalks within ten working days of report.

These, along with other standards, are the reason that Vacaville’s streets are rated among the highest in the Bay Area.

Who do I contact to repair a pothole in the street?

Contact the Maintenance Division at (707) 469-6500.

How do I request installation of curb ramps at a particular sidewalk location?

The City is adding curb ramps to existing sidewalks on an ongoing basis, and gives high priority to resident requests in determining where curb ramps will be added each year. To request curb ramps, please contact Maintenance at (707) 469-6500 or the City's ADA Coordinator at (707) 469-6508.

If my sidewalk is cracked or raised, whom do I contact?

Call the Maintenance Division at (707) 469-6500. Staff will check the sidewalk complaint and advise the resident of the findings. Sidewalks which require repair are the property owner’s responsibility, unless the damage was due to a City Tree within a parkway strip or the settlement of water and sewer utility services. If the property owner is responsible, the repairs can be performed either by a) the property owner, or b) a licensed contractor with a City of Vacaville business license; contact Code Enforcement (707)-449-5693 for additional details.