Public Works FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • What if I need to do a repair on my water line?

  • Who should I contact about a water leak?

  • If I am experiencing water pressure that is too low or too high, who should I call?

  • What if I have a plugged sewer?

  • What should I do if the storm drain is plugged?

  • If I notice a maintenance problem after normal business hours, what should I do?

  • If I see damaged or leaking irrigation systems in a park, whom do I call?

  • What about damaged equipment or hazards in parks?

  • Whom do I call if I see vandalism or graffiti in progress?

  • Whom do I call if I see vandalism or graffiti?

  • If a City Park has been vandalized, whom do I call?

  • If I know a person who is involved with vandalizing or graffiti, whom do I call?

  • How do I know if a tree is my responsibility or the City's?

  • What do I do if my trees are growing into the power lines?

  • Whom do I call if a City tree is obscuring the view for traffic or presenting some other hazard?

  • How do pedestrian signals (walk/Don't Walk) work? They always seem to change before I get a chance to cross the street.

  • Many people cross the street here. Can we get a crosswalk?

  • Can my neighborhood get a "Children At Play" sign posted?

  • How does the City decide when to install a traffic signal?

  • What are the criteria for putting in a STOP sign?

  • Can the City post a lower speed limit on my street to slow down traffic?

  • How do I get a memorial park bench placed in one of the parks in the City of Vacaville?