Our online crime reporting system allows you to submit a crime report for the following types of incidents:
- Fraud or Identity Theft
- Misc. or Non-criminal Information
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Lost Property
- Vehicle Burglary/Theft from Auto
- Vehicle Tampering/Vandalism
Before submitting a crime report, please confirm that the following are true:
- This is not an emergency
- The incident occurred within the city limits of Vacaville, California
- There are no known suspects
- This did not occur on a state freeway
- There is no evidence that could lead to the identification of a suspect (fingerprints, video, eyewitness, cancelled checks with signatures or ID information, etc.)
- The crime is in the list above, and is not vehicle theft, or license plate theft (for all other crimes, or if you wish to have an officer take your report in person, call the Police Department at 707-449-5200)
If you can answer "yes" to all of these items above, then you are ready to submit your report.
CAUTION: Filing a false police report is a crime.
- A valid email address is required to complete your report
- For security purposes, and to prevent fraud, your IP address will be recorded with the report
- You will be guided through the reporting process; your report is not complete until you have pressed the "Complete Report" button
- Once complete, a new window will open and show you a printable copy of your report, which will have a temporary report identification number (you may need to disable any popup blocker)
- Always print yourself a copy of the report
- Your report will be entered as "Pending" and you will receive email within three working days notifying you that it is accepted or rejected. The email notifying you that your report was accepted will contain the permanent Vacaville PD case number. If your report is rejected you will receive a brief explanation.
TO FILE YOUR CRIME REPORT ONLINE CLICK HERE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You may also submit an online “Tip” to the Vacaville Police Department regarding gang activity, narcotics activity, or on any other criminal activity. You may be anonymous or leave your information so that a detective may contact you if necessary. If your tip requires immediate attention, dial 9-1-1.
TO REPORT A TIP, CLICK HERE.