Vacaville has consistently received recognition for having low crime levels for a city of its size and population when compared to other Northern Californian cities. We are constantly striving to lower crime in Vacaville, and with your help, we can accomplish this goal. Most crimes are crimes of opportunity, and if you do even the simplest things like take valuables out of your vehicle, watch your purse and wallet, we can show significant improvement toward crime reduction.
You may review Crime Reports online by going online to Crime Mapping.
Any area can be a pleasant place if more good neighbors like you reside there. Resolve to get involved!
Thinking about joining our community?
If you are using this information when considering relocation, it is advantageous to:
- Visit the neighborhood at various hours of the day, on several days.
- Check to see if there is adequate parking for your needs.
- Is the noise at a tolerable level for you?
- Check the lighting at night.
- Do you feel safe there?
- Walk and talk to the neighbors and ask them about the neighborhood.
- Do the neighbors seem friendly?
- Is there much graffiti?
- Are there dogs running loose?
- Is there much traffic?
Only you can decide what kind of neighborhood you want for yourself. When you do get settled in, if there is not an active Neighborhood Watch group, consider forming one. It is really easy to do, and worth the effort.
You may email the Crime Prevention Unit or phone the office, (707) 449-5432. Office hours vary.