The Vacaville Housing Authority (VHA) and Solano County Housing Authority (SCHA) do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, familial status, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, source of income, and arbitrary discrimination. It is the VHA & SCHA policy to provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities so that they may fully access and utilize the housing programs and related services. If you feel that you need a reasonable accommodation, or believe you have been subject to unlawful discrimination, please contact the 504 Coordinator at (707) 449-5675.
If you feel you have been excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or been subjected to discrimination by the VHA due to a disability, you may request a copy of the VHA’s Grievance Policy. Section 504 Grievance Procedure
Vacaville Housing Authority
40 Eldridge Ave., Suite 2
Vacaville, CA 95688
Main Reception: (707) 449-5675, TTY: (707) 449-5680
Main Fax: (707) 449-6242
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
City offices, including the Housing Authority office, will be closed on holidays. Please Call for office holiday closure dates,
The Project Based Waitlist is Open! See PUBLIC NOTICE below for details:
Project Based Waitlist PUBLIC NOTICE, - English
Español - AVISO PÚBLICO
- On how to apply for Section 8
- For current Section 8 participants
- For Landlords or Property Managers
- En Espanol (under Construction)
- On how to use the portability feature of your voucher to move
- About the Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- About the Section 8 Home Ownership Program
- Forms Gallery (Downloadable forms & brochures)
- Utility Allowance Schedule [PDF]
- Payment Standards
- PHA 5-Year and Annual Plan
- Links to Additional Resources
It is the commitment of the Vacaville Housing Authority to provide persons with disabilities equal access to housing programs and services. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities. For more information, contact the Section 504 Coordinator, Ivonne Nunez, at (707) 449-5675 or TTY (707) 449-5680.
About the Programs
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federally funded program administered by the Vacaville Housing Authority. The program assists low-income households by subsidizing a portion of their rents.
There is a waiting list for assistance. Families must first have their name on the program waiting list. After the family reaches the top of the waiting list and eligibility is determined, the family is issued a Housing Choice Voucher. The Voucher allows the family up to 60 days to select housing that meets program eligibility.
The City of Vacaville currently administers two Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Programs. Below is a brief description of each program.
- The Vacaville Housing Authority operates the tenant based Housing Choice Voucher program for units located within the city limits of Vacaville.
- The Vacaville Housing Authority also administers the Housing Choice Voucher program for the Solano County Housing Authority (SCHA). The SCHA's Housing Choice Voucher program assists residents renting units in the unincorporated areas of Solano County (mainly rural areas), and the cities of Dixon and Rio Vista.
PHA Agency Plan
The Vacaville Housing Authority (VHA) PHA Agency Plan describes the programs, policies and practices that the VHA plans to carry out during the Fiscal Year. Below is the draft PHA Agency Plan for the Fiscal Year covering July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.