Code Enforcement FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

1. How do I submit a complaint to Code Enforcement?

  • You can submit a complaint by emailing If you would like to speak to someone directly you can call the Code Enforcement phone number (707)-449-5693.

2. What information do I need when submitting or calling about a complaint?

  • Your name and phone number but you can remain anonymous. You would also need to submit your official complaint and the EXACT address of the problem.

3. What are some common code complaints?

  • Trash and debris on private property
  • Vehicles parked on lawns/unimproved surfaces on private property
  • Trash cans put out too early or left out past your pick up day and cans blocking the sidewalk
  • Overgrown weeds on private property

4. I want to make a complaint about a vehicle parked on the street. Who do I talk to?

  • Complaints about vehicles parked in the street go to Vehicle Abatement in the Police Department and the phone number is (707)-449-5283