Quality Information Technology Practices Award (2011, 2007)
- The Quality in IT Practices program is awarded thru MISAC (Municipal Information Systems of California) recognizes a baseline performance level for IT governance in the Municipal government environment.
Award for Achievement Information Technology Practices (2004, 2002, 2001)
Excellence in IT Practices: The Municipal Information Systems Association of California has established the Excellence in Information Technology Practices Award that recognizes exemplary Information Technology (IT) practices and is intended to foster peer recognition of those achievements. Established in 1999, the program aims to recognize public agency Information Technology efforts in cities and special districts that exceed industry practices. The program is revised annually to keep up-to-date with changing standards. It consists of twelve major categories of questions:
- Budget & Strategic Planning
- Operations & Staffing
- Customer Satisfaction
- Project Management & Application Development
- Professional Development & Training
- Disaster Preparation & Recovery
- Base Level Services
The evaluation committee is made up of three qualified IT directors, who each review the applications. The committee determines the award level of Excellence (highest level), Achievement, or none.