Technology has become an increasingly critical factor in providing excellent municipal services. The Information Technology Division (ITD) of Finance and Information Technology Department collaborates with other City Departments to insure successful integrated IT initiatives; achieve practical and reliable solutions to City technology needs and optimize opportunities through information technology leadership and professional service. Provide administrative and analytical support to the City Manager and City Council.
The ITD is responsible for developing roadmap for the technology direction for the City. The division directs, leads, and manages IT programs, technology strategic plan, policies and operations to accomplish department goals and objectives.
The ITD staff is responsible for all technology used by the City of Vacaville in delivery of services to the community and is committed to:
- Provide Customer-centric, performance driven, cost effective, results oriented, organization focused on providing efficient, robust, secure, up-to-date, well maintained and reliable technology services
- Facilitate excellence in Municipal Services, Citizen Participation and Community Well being by supporting City Council’s Operational and Administrative Priorities
- Collaborate and Provide guidance to Technology Governance Committee
- Represent City's IT at Solano Regional GIS Consortium; MISAC, Govtech, Bay Area Technology Forum and other outside agencies
The IT Division is responsible for the following programs:
- Technology Administration / Customer Service
- Budgeting, Tracking, Planning Expenditure for Technology, Telecommunications and Technology Internal Service Fund
- Project and Program Management
- Infrastructure , Network Security and Data Backup and Disaster Recovery Support
- Network Devices, Wireless and Video Surveillance Support
- Telecom (Phones and Radio) Support 7. Applications Support
- Server and Storage Support
- PC and Printer Support