Safety and Workers' Compensation is responsible for:
- Administration of Workers’ Compensation
- Administration of Citywide Employee Safety Programs
- Family Medical and Disability Leaves and Return to Work Issues
- Compliance with State and Federal Safety Regulations and Reporting
- Ensuring that the City of Vacaville is a Safe Place to Work, Live and play
After Hours Accident Reporting - Call CalOSHA 1-800-321-6742
In the event a City Employee suffers a serious on-the-job injury or fatality outside of normal business hours, a department supervisor/manager must contact CalOSHA within eight hours. A serious injury is one that requires the employee to be admitted to the hospital or in which a part of the body is lost or permanent disfigurement occurs. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
(1) Name and title of injured employee(s).
(2) Nature of injury
(3) Time and date of accident.
(4) Description of accident and whether the accident scene has been altered
(5) Address/site of accident
(6) Name of person to contact at site of accident.
(7) Location where injured employee was moved to.
(8) List of other law enforcement agencies present at the site of accident.
The supervisor/manager should also call the HR Division Manager, Jessica Bowes via cell phone (707) 732-3392 as soon as possible to report the accident.