Located at City Hall, the City Clerk's Office is open between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The City Clerk's Office is responsible for a wide-variety of duties. The City Clerk's Office provides City Council support, including compilation and distribution of Council agenda packets, elections administration, and records management.
The City Clerk administers democratic processes such as elections, access to City records, and all legislative actions ensuring transparency to the public. The City Clerk acts as a compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act. The Office performs various professional and managerial duties according to the Municipal Code, and State and Federal Laws.
- As the custodian of records, the City Clerk's Office records the official actions of the municipal government, documents the proceedings of meetings, and retains other legal and historical records, such as ordinances, resolutions, minutes, agendas and deeds.
- Prepares the agenda and minutes for City Council meetings. City Council meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 6 p.m. in the City Council Chambers.
- Maintains the Vacaville Municipal Code, coordinates the City's board, commission, and committee member appointments, accepts public records requests.
- As the Elections official, the City Clerk administers the election process. Voter registration and voting is coordinated with the Solano County Registrar of Voters.
- Administers oaths of office, facilitates the execution of official and legislative processes including administering provisions of the Political Reform Act of 1974, certifies adoption of resolutions and ordinances, and attends all City Council meetings.
- Administers the provisions of the Municipal Code, State and Federal Laws, the Ralph M. Brown Act (Open Meeting Law), Public Records Act, and Political Reform Act.
Contact the City Clerk:
Michelle Thornbrugh, City Clerk
650 Merchant St.
Vacaville, CA 95688