Clean Air Calendar Contest Now Open to K-12 Students
Prizes include gift card, certificate, recognition!
Local students are invited to submit their artwork to the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District’s (District) 2021 Clean Air Calendar Contest. The annual contest is a way for students to share their ideas about protecting the environment and inspire us all with their youthful vision.
Twelve winners will be selected to receive a $30 Amazon gift card, a Certificate of Achievement, recognition in a future press release and have their winning artwork showcased on the 2021 calendar.
Entry is free and open to all K-12 students who live within the boundaries of the District, which encompasses all of Yolo County and the northeastern portion of Solano County that includes Dixon, Rio Vista and Vacaville.
- Artwork theme: Better Air, Better Health
- Artwork must be horizontal on standard white 8 ½ x 11 paper.
- Artwork must be created using only colored pencil, pen, crayon and/or paint.
- Digital art or photography will not be accepted.
- The back of the artwork must have the student's name, grade, school and teacher’s name and the student’s full address and phone number (to receive the final calendar).
All entries must be submitted by July 31, 2020 to the District office, located at 1947 Galileo Court, Suite 103, in Davis, CA 95618. For more information contact Public Information Officer Stephanie Holliday at: (530) 757-3657 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To see the current flyer or previous calendars, visit: https://www.ysaqmd.org/about-the-district/news-outreach/. Artwork may be disqualified if all terms are not met.
For more information about the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District, including signing up for air quality alerts and the monthly newsletter, visit: https://www.ysaqmd.org/. Connect with the District on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/YoloSolanoAir/ or on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/yolosolanoair.