Changes ahead for City Coach riders
New services routes to begin in August
Vacaville City Coach customers will be seeing new changes in service starting on August 1. That’s when some routes and schedules will change.
“We’ve received a lot of feedback from the community and we’ve studied which routes work best and which have not worked as well,” explained City Coach Transit Coordinator Lori DaMassa. “Vacaville is changing, and we must change along with it by offering more efficient routes and new services. While it will be a bit of an adjustment at first, we are confident that our riders will be pleased and feel they are better served.”
Among the changes that will occur beginning in August:
- Transfers: City Coach transfers will be free!
- Route 2: City Coach Route 2 will no longer serve the Vacaville Transportation Center, Alamo Drive and Browns Valley Parkway between Brown Street and East Monte Vista. Service will be added along Eldridge Avenue, Hemlock Street, Rocky Hill Road Meadows Dive and Markham Avenue. Route 2 will also serve the Davis Street Park and Ride. Service frequency will change to hourly service during non-commute times.
- Route 4: City Coach Route 4 will no longer serve New Horizons Way, Grassland Drive, Horse Creek Drive and Lawrence Drive. Service will be added to North Village along Crescent Drive. Service will also be added along Orange Tree Circle (call-ahead scheduling is required).
- Route 6: City Coach Route 6 will no longer serve Helen Power Drive and Burton Drive. Service will be added along Nut Tree Parkway.
- Route 8 (New Route 3): City Coach Route 8 will become the new Route 3. The route will no longer serve Davis Street between Davis Street Park-and-Ride and the Downtown Transit Plaza. Service will be added along Hume Way. Service frequency will change to hourly service during non-commute times.
- Trippers (Route 2T and 3T): Added tripper service to accommodate heavy loads at peak travel times.
For more information and detailed maps, visit citycoach.com or call 449-6000.