Solid Waste Hauling
The local service provider for residential, commercial and industrial solid waste hauling is Recology Vacaville Solano (RVS) located in downtown Vacaville at 1 Town Square Place, Suite 200, (707) 448-2945. Under a franchise agreement, RVS holds the exclusive right to collect and haul solid waste in the Vacaville city limits.
Below are key documents governing local solid waste.
- Solid Waste Franchise Agreement between the City of Vacaville and Recology Vacaville Solano
- Resolution No. 2014-065 Amendment: Delinquent Account: Fee Charge Process
- Resolution No. 2015-079 Addendum #1: AB 1826 Mandatory Commercial Organic Recycling Waste Pilot Program
- Resolution No. 2016-103 Addendum #2: AB 1826 Mandatory Commercial Organic Recycling Waste Pilot Program
For Construction and Demolition exceptions contact Community Development Building Division at (707) 449-5152. For Source-Separated Recycling, Electronic Waste and Universal Waste exceptions contact Public Works Garbage and Recycling at (707) 469-6509.
The closest landfill is the privately owned and operated Recology Hay Road Landfill located in the unincorporated county east of Vacaville at Hay Road and Highway 113. The landfill is open seven days a week (excluding holidays) from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., and can be reached at (707) 678-4718.
Streets are swept every other week on the day AFTER your regular garbage/recycling collection. Call Recology Vacaville Solano at (707) 448-2945 if you have a question about the schedule for your neighborhood. All cars, basketball hoops and other obstacles should be removed from the streets in order to allow for effective sweeping.
Liens for Delinquent Refuse Collection Bills
As set forth in Section 8.08.041 of the Vacaville Municipal Code, garbage service is mandatory for all occupied residences. Accordingly, Recology Vacaville Solano cannot stop residential service for delinquent or unpaid service bills. In order to recover potentially lost revenues and to prevent those losses from being passed on to all ratepayers in the form of higher collection rates, the City annually places liens against the real property at which the unpaid service has been provided. Notification letters regarding the delinquencies are sent in February and April, and a final lien notification is mailed in June to the affected property owners. A public hearing is then held in July.
NOTE: It is the ultimate responsibility of the property owner to pay the delinquent charges, regardless of who resides at the property and who requested the service.
Options for Landlords:
- Include garbage service in the rent charged, and place the service account in your name and your address.
- A landlord may contact Recology Vacaville Solano at (707) 448-2945 at any time to review the status of a tenant's account. It is advisable to do this prior to returning a security deposit when the tenant is moving out so that any delinquent charges can be deducted from the deposit. When contacting Recology Vacaville Solano, it is best to reference the account number. If it is unavailable, the City's Customer Service Representative can use the property address to access the records. However, be sure that the account being checked is not that of a new tenant by confirming the name on the account, and the opening and closing dates of the account.
Vacaville Recycling Info
For complete information regarding the City's recycling and household hazardous waste programs, as well as solid waste hauling, click on this link: www.vacavillerecycling.com.
For more information, you may call (707) 469-6509
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.