HOURS FOR THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICE ARE 8:30 A.M. TO 5 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS. BUILDING DIVISION STAFF WILL BE AVAILABLE 8:30 A.M. TO 4 P.M.
What We Do
The Community Development Department is responsible for coordinating long-range planning and regulating private development in the City, which includes planning, zoning and building permits and inspections. This department also coordinates the activities of the City's Planning Commission. The Commission meets once a month to review development projects and make recommendations to the City Council.
Improving Our Community’s Tomorrow
The Community Development Department helps establish and implements the City’s policy related to community growth in order to keep Vacaville a special community in which to live and work.
- To serve as an innovative, creative and professional resource to the City Council, the City organization and the Community.
- To serve the public in a courteous and professional manner that addresses the unique characteristics of individuals in our Community.
- To assist the City Council and City organization in adopting policies and standards to maintain our environment and quality of life.
- To implement the City’s policies and standards in a fair and efficient manner.
- To strive to meet the needs of other city departments and each other through communication, cooperation, mutual respect and commitment to professional development.
- To promote a work environment where each individual and division within the department is an equal partner to ensure that the overall mission can be accomplished through mutual effort.
|Planning Division||(707) 449-5140|
|Building Division||(707) 449-5152|
|Building Inspection Request Line||(707) 999-7113|